Our skin is at the mercy of many forces as we age: sun, harsh weather, and bad habits. But we can take steps to help our skin stay supple and fresh-looking.
How your skin ages will depend on a variety of factors: your lifestyle, diet, heredity, and other personal habits.
There are other reasons, too. Primary factors contributing to wrinkled, spotted skin include normal aging, exposure to the sun (photoaging) and pollution, and loss of subcutaneous support (fatty tissue between your skin and muscle). Other factors that contribute to aging of the skin include stress, gravity, daily facial movement, obesity, and even sleep position.
As we grow older, changes like these naturally occur:
- Skin becomes rougher.
- Skin becomes slack. The loss of the elastic tissue (elastin) in the skin with age causes the skin to hang loosely.
- Skin becomes more transparent. This is caused by thinning of the epidermis (surface layer of the skin).
- Skin becomes more fragile. This is caused by a flattening of the area where the epidermis and dermis (layer of skin under the epidermis) come together.
Changes below the skin also become evident as we age. They include:
- Loss of fat below the skin in the cheeks, temples, chin, nose, and eye area may result in loosening skin, sunken eyes, and a “skeletal” appearance.
- Bone loss, mostly around the mouth and chin, may become evident after age 60 and cause puckering of the skin around the mouth.
A variety of highly effective methods have been used to treat the facial skin lesions associated with photo-aging. However, most patients complain of discomfort during the treatment and must also be concerned with the risk of infection and scarring, as ablative methods completely disrupt or remove the epidermis in a direct manner.
with the power of advanced technology, IR radiation procedure produces a temperature-independent stimulatory effect on the proliferation of human fibroblasts and collagen synthesis in vivo. Moreover, infrared therapy uses long light waves (830nm), which can penetrate deeply into the skin and result in beneficial effects on skin texture and wrinkles by increasing collagen and elastin in the dermis through stimulation of fibroblasts.
In simple terms, these visible lights penetrate the skin where they can enhance cell function, resulting in healthier, clearer skin and a reduction in the visible signs of aging.
It is a safe, non-invasive treatment and clients have seen great results with that they had not been able to achieve with other treatments.
Red light therapy also stimulates how cells make energy, giving them a higher metabolism. This means the cells function better, including making proteins like collagen more. Collagen keeps skin elastic and plump and gives an overall youthful appearance.
Heal & Repair Your Skin
Light Therapy uses red and blue lights to heal, renew and rejuvenate. light treatments are now widely popular in dermatology for multiple conditions as an anti-aging and acne therapy, Rosacea, Eczema, Psoriasis, stretch and scar marks.
- Red light fuels cell renewal stimulates collagen production and improves skin tone and texture, controls pigmentation spots, reduces wrinkles and encourages vibrant, healthier looking skin.
- Blue light therapy is used to reverse sun damage and improve moisture balance of your skin. By penetrating top layer under the skin surface, it will improve skin texture and reduce blemishes and sun pigmentation.
- Blue light therapy can also treat other types of skin disorders. It can be used to improve skin texture and reduce sebaceous hyperplasia or enlarged oil glands. It can help with acne and even scars that were originally caused by acne.
- Research done by NASA in conjunction with the University of Alabama at Birmingham Hospital has shown that Blue and red-lights technology can successfully reduce symptoms experienced by cancer patients. Using far red/near-infrared light-emitting diode devices has been shown to release long wavelength energy in the form of photons that stimulate cells to aid in healing.
- Red light helps increase flow of blood, oxygen and nutrients, reducing cellulite and improving skin’s firmness and elasticity over your entire body!
- Red light waves boost metabolism rate in any live cell its applied to greatly accelerating recovery process. Medical studies found that under red light open wounds heal 200% faster!
- Red light therapy has been shown to positively affect skin cells through regeneration of fibroblasts, keratinocytes and modulation of immune cells (including mast cells, neutrophils and macrophages) all found within skin tissue.